A mini, two-bite version of a classic BLT. This one is double-stacked and open faced, held together by a cocktail fork.
– I used Japanese mayo (Kewpie) for a bit more tang.
– Romaine lettuce would work just well as Boston lettuce.
– I didn’t toast the bread since I didn’t want to bread to be too dried out.
TEA SANDWICH: BACON, LETTUCE, & TOMATO
Very thin white bread
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut bacon into thirds. Cook at 400°F for 15-18 minutes. Place bacon from oven onto paper towels to drain excess fat.
2. Use cookie cutter to cut circles out of the lettuce & bread. Slice tomatoes. Spread mayo on bread.
3. Assemble starting with bread, lettuce, tomato, & bacon. Repeat. Skewer with cocktail forks.