Welcome to Oh, How Civilized! I’m Jee, a certified Tea Sommelier and I’m all about making tea easy and delicious. On this site, you’ll find delicious tea recipes, how to brew tea properly, and afternoon tea guides.
Get delicious tea recipes with shortcuts to make it easy without sacrificing taste. Each recipe is tested multiple times to make sure it comes out amazing.
Some of my popular drink recipes:
- Milk Tea
- Bubble Tea
- Thai Iced Tea
- Arnold Palmer
- Chai Latte from Scratch
- London Fog
- Iced Brown Sugar Latte
- Peach Iced Tea from Scratch
Check out my Easy Tea Recipes ebook!
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Matcha Lemonade
- Best Matcha Brands for Lattes
- Quick & Easy Matcha Frappuccino
- Matcha Bubble Tea
- Matcha Latte Made Easy & Delicious
- How to Make Matcha Properly
3 WAYS TO MAKE ICED TEA
1. Hot brew method
- Brew tea in hot water, strain tea leaves, then cool.
- Takes about 1-2 hours to make, with the bulk of time waiting for the tea to cool in the refrigerator.
- I rarely use this method to make iced tea.
- Recipe: Easy Sweet Tea
2. Ice chill method
- Brew tea in hot water, strain tea leaves, then cool quickly using ice.
- Takes less than 10 minutes to make.
- One drawback is that you need a lot of ice to make iced tea using this method.
- Recipe: Quick & Easy Iced Tea
3. Cold brew method
- This is the best way to make iced tea. It’s easy but it takes a few hours.
- Brew tea in cold water in the refrigerator for 12 hours, then strain tea leaves.
- It takes a while (12 hours!) but it’s the BEST way to make iced tea.
- Iced tea is clean, refreshing, and so smooth.
- Less caffeine than making tea the other two ways.
- Recipe: How to Easily Make the Best iced Tea (Cold Brew It!)
How to brew Tea Properly
See the proper way to make tea from Earl Grey to Hibiscus, hot and cold.
- Earl Grey Tea
- English Breakfast Tea
- Butterfly Pea Flower
- Hibiscus Tea
- Chamomile Tea
- Lavender Tea
- Jasmine Tea
- Peppermint Tea
- Rose Tea
- See more teas here.
Tea brewing guides
- How to Easily Make a Proper Cup of Tea
- Difference Between Loose Tea, Tea Sachets, and Tea Bags
- Where to Buy Tea Online
- Oolong Tea Starter Guide
- Green Tea Starter Guide
- Top 10 Tea Sommelier Tips to Make a Better Cup of Tea
- 21 Afternoon Tea Etiquette Rules
- Afternoon Tea at The Plaza
- Difference Between Afternoon Tea and High Tea
- Afternoon Tea Course Order
- How to Eat a Scone Properly
- Complete List of Every Afternoon Tea in NYC
Tea Sandwich Recipes
- Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Tea Sandwiches
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- Radish Rose Tea Sandwiches
- Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Tea Sandwiches
- 24 Delicious Tea Sandwiches Perfect for Tea Parties
Tea Tips and Cheat Sheets
Get weekly tips straight to your inbox and access to tea cheat sheets by joining my email list!