A tea for one set is a nested teapot and matching tea cup that’s perfect for a serving for one person. Here are my tea for one set picks.
Tea for One Sets
A tea for one set is a nested teapot and tea cup in one (and sometimes a saucer) that are great for making a pot of tea for one person.
They’re best for making tea from tea sachets or tea bags since the teapot usually doesn’t come with an infuser or strainer.
What to Look for When Buying a Tea for One Set
A set that will put a smile on your face is one you’ll use over and over again.
- Retains heat well
You want a teapot and tea cup that can hold heat well to keep your tea hot as long as possible. Ceramic, porcelain, and fine china all do better than glass.
- Teapot is sized to hold 2 servings
The teapot should be able to hold about 2 cups of water and the tea cup should hold 1-2 cups.
My Pick for Best Tea for One Set:
Other Recommended Tea Strainers:
How to Make the Perfect Pot of Tea in a Tea for One Set
- Boil cold filtered water to the correct temperature for your tea. (Water temperature will vary according to the type of tea so I always use an electric kettle with a temperature setting.)
- Warm the teapot by pouring hot water into the pot and giving the water a swirl then pouring it out into a sink.
- Put 1.5 teaspoons of tea for each cup into the teapot and add water.
- Steep tea for the correct amount of time depending on the type of your tea. (No more than 5 minutes.)
- Pour tea into the cup. Make sure to take out the tea sachet or tea bag so that it’s not sitting in the water, making your tea bitter.
Questions You May Have
Can I boil water in the teapot?
None of the teapots in the tea for one sets are meant to be used directly on the stove. Boil water separately. The teapot is for brewing the tea only.
What’s the best tea to use in a tea for one set?
For teapots that don’t have an infuser, I would recommend using a tea sachet instead of loose tea.
Why a tea sachet and not a tea bag?
Tea in sachets are higher quality than tea in tea bags.
Do I need to use filtered water to make tea?
The best tasting tea is made with the best tasting water so always use filtered if possible.
Tea Brewing Cheat Sheets
Join my email list to get instant access to tea cheat sheets!