Tea Sandwich: Duck Rillette & Pickled Red Onion
I recently discovered packaged duck rillette at WholeFoods and came up with this tea sandwich idea. To get the perfect pickled red onions, I worked on four different recipes and the fourth one used in the tea sandwich was definitely the best. They go great when you’re looking for a little kick to your meal so make a couple of onions at a time and keep it in the fridge.
– Make the pickled red onions ahead of time since they get even better the longer they’re in the vinegar mixture. Store in the fridge.
– I used a mandoline to get thin, even onion slices.
TEA SANDWICH: DUCK RILLETTE & PICKLED RED ONION
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Mini brioche buns
1. Thinly slice onion. Put vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Pour hot vinegar mixture over the slice onion. Leave out at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Slice mini brioche bun in half and spread the duck rillette to the bottom half.
4. Top duck rillette with the pickled red onion. Enjoy!