Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
Adorable and delicious, these egg salad finger sandwiches are easy to make!
Boil, peel, and chop eggs.Put eggs and water into a saucepan or pot. Water should be an inch above the eggs. On high heat, bring water to a full boil then turn off the heat. With the pot covered, let it sit for 12 minutes. Peel eggs under cold running water. Give the hard boiled eggs a good chop. Not too fine that they'll turn into mush when you mix it with mayo and not too rough that they'll look too messy. Combine chopped eggs, mustard, mayo, and salt in a bowl.You can prepare this a day or two ahead and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Cut bread into circles using a cookie cutter.Use a round cookie cutter that'll cut two circles out of one slice of bread. Avoid cutting the crust. Assemble the tea sandwiches.From the bottom up: bread, egg salad, bread, and a sprig of parsley skewered on with a cocktail fork.
- Italian parsley is the flat kind, not curly.
- To make 6 tea sandwiches, you'll need 12 bread circles.
- Cutting into frozen bread gives cleaner edges than room temperature bread.
- Mayo works to bind the chopped hard-boiled eggs and holds the egg salad in the sandwich. Make sure to evenly coat the eggs with mayo.
- You can use any cookie cutter shape you like, but don't use one that's too detailed since it'll be hard to have the egg salad filling sit between the bread neatly.
- Make the egg salad the day a day or two before and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Cut the bread into circles and cover with wax paper and then a damp paper towel in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep the bread from drying out. Assemble sandwiches the day of.
- Tea sandwiches should be served room temperature so don't serve the egg salad cold.
- Egg salad tea sandwiches pair well with green tea (genmaicha) or a black tea like Earl Grey or English breakfast tea.
Calories: 106 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg