Easy Earl Grey Tea
Get easy steps to make hot & iced Earl Grey tea properly.
Boil water. If using an electric kettle with temperature setting, set it to 208°F. Boil a little more water than needed so that it can be used to warm up the teapot. Filtered water is best. Warm up teapot.Pour some hot water into a teapot and swirl it around a bit. Discard the water.
Put Earl Grey tea into teapot and add hot water.
Cover teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
Strain Earl Grey leaves and pour hot tea into a teacup.
Add milk and sugar or lemon if you wish.
TO MAKE COLD BREW EARL GREY
1. Put Earl Grey tea and cool or room temperature water in a pitcher or glass container.
Filtered water is best for a better tasting iced tea.
2. Cover pitcher and put in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
3. Strain Earl Grey tea leaves and pour tea into a cup.
Ice is optional since the tea is already cold. Add milk and simple syrup or lemon if you wish.
- To sweeten iced Earl Grey, use simple syrup which will make it easier to stir into your iced tea.
- Make simple sugar at home by mixing equal parts sugar or honey and hot water until the sugar dissolves.
- Add milk, sugar, or lemon but never all 3 since the lemon will curdle the milk.
- The American way of drinking Earl Grey is with milk and sugar. To drink Earl Grey like the British, add lemon and sugar.