Simple Lemon Syrup
Add a little sweetness and burst of brightness to tea with homemade lemon syrup.
Put all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer.Stir to make sure sugar dissolves completely.
Take off heat and cool.
Strain and pour syrup into an airtight container.Use a mesh strainer to separate the lemon zest from the syrup. The syrup will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Recipe makes 1 cup (16 tablespoons) of lemon syrup.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of syrup for each cup.
- Don't heat the syrup for too long on the stovetop, otherwise it'll get too thick and won't be as easy to add to iced drinks.
- Add lemon syrup in sparkling water to make lemon flavored soda.
- Pour syrup into iced tea to make lemon iced tea.
- Add syrup to butterfly pea flower tea to change the color of blue tea to purple.
- Use lemon syrup on pancakes.
- Drizzle syrup on slices of pound cake.
- Add it to ginger tea to make lemon ginger tea.
Calories: 78 | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 1mg