See how to make thirst-quenching hot and cold brew barley tea.
TO MAKE COLD BREW ICED BARLEY TEA
1. Put barley tea bag and cool or room temperature water in a pitcher or glass container.
1 barley tea bag should make 4 cups of barley tea. Use filtered water if possible for a better tasting tea.
2. Cover pitcher and put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Discard tea bag and pour tea into a cup with ice.
Ice is optional since the drink is already cold.
Hot Barley Tea Brewing Guide
Cold Brew Iced Barley Tea Brewing Guide
- TEA: 1.5 teaspoons barley kernels
- WATER: 1 cup (8 fl. oz.)
- WATER TEMPERATURE: 212°F (boiling hot)
- STEEP TIME: 5 -15 minutes
- TEA: 1 barley tea bag
- WATER: 4 cups (32 fl. oz.)
- WATER TEMPERATURE: Cold water
- STEEP TIME: 1-2 hours