Make your mornings sweet with this matcha sugar toast! All you need is to make a simple matcha butter spread with three ingredients and toast the bread as usual. Breakfast done and done.
Matcha Sugar Toast
Matcha sugar toast is my green tea twist on cinnamon toast. The hardest part is waiting for the butter to soften, although you can smash the butter to make it easier to mix with the matcha and sugar.
This post contains affiliate links.
What I Used to Make Matcha Sugar Toast
What’s better than matcha? Matcha sugar! What’s better than matcha sugar? Matcha sugar and butter!
Let’s take all three ingredients and mix it together. Can it be this easy? Oh, yeah.
Matcha Sugar Toast Tips
- You can use any bread but I like the thickness of the Japanese sliced white bread since it’s usually softer and fluffier.
- No need to sift the matcha for this recipe since it mixes in pretty well with the butter.
- Softened butter makes this much easier to make.
- Make a batch and store the rest in the refrigerator to have each morning or as an afternoon snack!
- Best when eaten right out of the toaster oven, although really, what doesn’t? (Don’t burn your mouth though — ahem, speaking from experience.)
In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar, and matcha. Spread butter mixture to two pieces of bread. Toast in a toaster oven until golden brown.
In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar, and matcha.
Spread butter mixture to two pieces of bread.
Toast in a toaster oven until golden brown.