Make your mornings sweet with this matcha sugar toast! All you need is to make a simple matcha butter spread with three ingredients and toast the bread as usual. Breakfast done and done.
Matcha Sugar Toast
Matcha sugar toast is my green tea twist on cinnamon toast. The hardest part is waiting for the butter to soften, although you can smash the butter to make it easier to mix with the matcha and sugar.
RELATED: Mini Matcha Golden Toast
This post contains affiliate links.
What I Used to Make Matcha Sugar Toast
Look to spend $15 – $30 for a tin. Get the brightest green within that price range.
- Salted butter
- Superfine sugar
- Japanese-style thick bread
- Bowl and a butter knife
- Toaster oven
Does a perfect job toasting the bread.
- Wooden plates
What’s better than matcha? Matcha sugar! What’s better than matcha sugar? Matcha sugar and butter!
Let’s take all three ingredients and mix it together. Can it be this easy? Oh, yeah.
Matcha Sugar Toast Tips
- You can use any bread but I like the thickness of the Japanese sliced white bread since it’s usually softer and fluffier.
- No need to sift the matcha for this recipe since it mixes in pretty well with the butter.
- Softened butter makes this much easier to make.
- Make a batch and store the rest in the refrigerator to have each morning or as an afternoon snack!
- Best when eaten right out of the toaster oven, although really, what doesn’t? (Don’t burn your mouth though — ahem, speaking from experience.)
Matcha Sugar Toast
Make your mornings sweet with this matcha sugar toast.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha
- In a bowl, mix together butter, sugar, and matcha.
- Spread butter mixture to two pieces of bread.
- Toast in a toaster oven until golden brown.
Calories: 412 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg
Did you make this recipe?Mention @ohhowcivilized and use hashtag #ohhowcivilized!