Welcome to Oh, How Civilized
Hey! I’m Jee and welcome to my blog. As you can guess, I really like tea. Afternoon tea, tea and food pairings, tea tastings… I think you get where this is going.
- I’m a certified Tea Sommelier.
- I was quoted in the NY Times about afternoon tea!
- I’m a full-time blogger (yes, such a thing exists!).
- Before blogging full time, I was a Creative Director and freelancer, having worked for brands like People, InStyle, and Essence.
About Oh, How Civilized
Oh, How Civilized is all about afternoon tea, delicious tea based recipes, and basically making tea accessible.
Tea shouldn’t be intimidating and I definitely don’t think you need to choose between coffee or tea. (I drink as much coffee as I do tea.)
- My goal is to make easy, delicious tea recipes.
- Provide honest afternoon tea reviews.
- Each recipe is tested multiple times until I’m completely happy with it.
- The name, Oh, How Civilized came from me uttering those exact words (in a terrible, terrible British accent) each and every time I went for afternoon tea.
- The blog first started out on Squarespace in 2012. I moved it to WordPress in 2015.
- In December 2018, I hit a huge milestone when I got to 100,000 monthly pageviews! Here’s how I did it: How I Got My Food Blog to 100K Monthly Pageviews. Then a couple of months later, 100K to 200K monthly pageviews!
Top Blog Posts
- Complete List of Afternoon Tea in New York City
- Quick and Easy Ginger Tea from Scratch
- Homemade Chai from Scratch
- Decadent Milk Tea with Brown Sugar
- How to Make Tea Properly
- How to Make the Best Bubble Tea (Boba Tea)
- 15 Delicious Tea Sandwiches for Tea Parties
- London Fog Latte (Earl Grey Tea Latte)
- How to Make the Best Iced Tea (Cold Brew it!)
- How to Make the Perfect Matcha Latte
Free Tea Cheat Sheets
Join my free email list to get quick tea guides!
Where to Find Me
I would love to hear from you! If you have questions or just want to say hello, send me an email: [email protected]