Adorable open-faced mini smoked salmon bagel sandwiches perfect for tea time.
Having a friend or four coming over your place on Saturday afternoon to catch up? I’ve got just the thing for you to make. Smoked salmon mini bagels fancied up with some chives and capers. Serve with a pot of tea for a quick and delicious (but impressive looking) bite.
I got the idea after I had afternoon tea recently at the Crosby Street Hotel with Bethany where they served a bagel crisp with lox as one of the savories. It was delicious.
I liked it so much I wanted to create my own version with a mini bagel.
Like most tea sandwich recipes I make, this is mostly about assembling so there’s very little prep work.
You can assemble it all together for your guests so it’s pretty all lined up on a platter but another option is to serve it a la carte.
Put all the ingredients out on small plates and let them decide what to add on each mini bagel. It’s not as refined but fun nonetheless.
I like to lightly toast the mini bagels so it has a little crunch and I also like to serve it open faced so that there isn’t so much bread to chew through.
Recommended Tea Pairings
If you’re looking for a type of tea to pair with this savory, I would go with a black or oolong tea. Suggestions include English Breakfast (in sachets), Golden Yunnan (loose leaf) for black tea and Iron Goddess (loose leaf) for oolong tea.
Smoked Salmon Mini Bagel Sandwiches
- 2 mini bagels
- 2 oz. smoked salmon pre-sliced
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- Chives cut into 1/4" pieces for garnish
- Horizontally split mini bagels and lightly toast. Once cooled, spread cream cheese over cut side of each bagel half.
- Divide toppings (salmon, red onion, capers, chives) between each half side of bagel. Start with a layer of sliced smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese followed by chopped red onions or shallots, some capers.
- Garnish with chives.
1 thought on “Smoked Salmon Mini Bagel Sandwiches”
Nice… your dish looks so delicious and yummy with beautiful, i will make it form your recipe. Thanks for sharing…..!