This tea sandwich is a mini version of what I usually have for breakfast most days of the week — avocado toast with an egg.
A few notes:
– I like my eggs to be a little runny so I boiled them for exactly 2 minutes and 30 seconds. For a firm yolk, boil them for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. Use a timer.
– Have a bowl with cold water ready to chill the eggs right after boiling.
– Create indents in the avocado to make sure the eggs don’t slide off. They’re pretty slippery.
– To make it a little easier to place the eggs on top of the avocado, slide them into four pieces and spread them out.
TEA SANDWICH: AVOCADO & QUAIL EGG
Focaccia cut into squares, then cut in half lengthwise
Salt (I love Maldon Sea Salt Flakes.)
1. Boil quail eggs for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Put eggs in cold water to chill. Peel.
2. Combine smashed avocado, olive oil, salt, pepper & lemon juice into a bowl.
3. Spread a layer of the avocado mix onto a focaccia.
4. Place a sliced quail egg on top & sprinkle with chopped chives. Enjoy!