Difference Between Loose Tea, Tea Sachets, and Tea Bags
Loose Tea, Tea Sachets, and Tea Bags
Loose tea is the highest quality tea.
- Loose tea is usually whole tea leaves.
- The essential oil in the leaf is where the flavor of the tea comes from. Whole tea leaves have the most flavor.
- For the best tasting tea, go with loose tea.
Tea sachets contain good quality tea.
- Tea sachets with their pyramid shape are filled with broken and whole tea leaves.
- When tea leaves are broken, they lose most of their essential oils, resulting in a less flavorful tea.
- For convenience and good quality tea, use tea sachets.
Tea bags contain the lowest quality tea.
- Tea bags are filled with small broken leaves and tea dust.
- Since the tea bags have tea that are in such small pieces, the essential oils and flavor are mostly gone.
- For convenience only, use tea bags.