See how to make delicious tea lattes at home. Get the basic tea latte formula plus tips, tricks, and tea latte recipes from chai to chamomile.
What is a Tea Latte?
- A tea latte is a drink made with tea and steamed or frothed milk.
- Any kind of tea can be used to make a tea latte.
- It can be made hot or iced.
- Chai and matcha green tea make really tasty tea lattes since they go so well with milk.
Tea Latte Formula
This is my basic formula to make a tea latte:
2 teaspoons of tea + 3/4 cup water + 1/3 cup milk + sweetener (optional)
What You’ll Need
- Loose Tea or tea sachets
You can use any you like.
Any kind you like.
Any kind: sugar, brown sugar, honey, or date syrup.
- Filtered water
- Milk frother
How to Make Tea Lattes at Home
- Make tea
- Froth milk
- Assemble drink
1. MAKE TEA
Put tea and hot water into a teapot and steep. Strain tea leaves. Stir in sugar.
2. FROTH MILK
To recreate that perfect, cafe-quality steamed milk at home, use an electric milk frother. It heats milk and froths all at once, beautifully.
You can also froth milk using a French press. Heat milk on low on the stovetop and once little bubbles start forming along the sides, take off heat and pour milk into a French press. Pump the French press plunger up and down a few times until milk has doubled in volume.
3. ASSEMBLE DRINK
Into a teacup, pour in the tea then top with the frothed milk.
17 Tea Latte Recipes
How to Make a Tea Latte
- Boil water.Bring water to a boil on the stovetop or if you're using an electric kettle with a temperature setting, set it to 208°F. Use filtered water for a better tasting tea.
- Combine tea and hot water in a teapot.Use a teapot with an infuser so that it's easy to strain out the tea.
- Cover teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea leaves. Stir in sugar.
- Make frothed milk using an electric milk frother. An electric milk frother heats and froths milk at the same time.To froth milk using a French press, heat milk on the stovetop until little bubbles start to form on the sides on the saucepan. Turn off heat and pour milk into a French press and move the plunger up and down until milk doubles in volume.
- In a teacup, pour in tea then top with frothed milk.
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with ground cinnamon.