A cool and refreshing iced green tea brightened with fresh mint. Made cold brewed, which is the easiest and best way to make iced tea.
Cold Brew Iced Green Tea
Green tea is tricky to make since it’s can easily get bitter if it’s not made properly.
- My secret to making the best iced green tea is to cold brew it!
- It takes 6 hours to extract the full flavor.
- Super easy to make.
- Tastes smooth, crisp, and refreshing.
3 Tips to make the best iced green tea
- Cold brew it!
Cold brewing means you steep tea in cold water. Hot water is what releases tannin from tea and can make tea taste bitter. By taking away the hot water and replacing it with cold, you’ll get green tea that’s smooth and full-bodied.
- Add fresh mint
Fresh mint gives the green tea an extra refreshing kick.
- Sweeten with simple syrup
Simple syrup is the best way to sweeten your iced tea. It’s the easiest to incorporate into your tea.
RELATED: 30 Refreshing Iced Tea Recipes
Iced Green tea ingredients
My Green Tea Pick:
Photo Credit: Harney.com
How to Make Iced green tea in 3 easy Steps
STEP 1: Put loose green tea, fresh mint, and water in a pitcher or glass container.
Use cool or room temperature filtered water.
To make 2 cups of iced tea, I use a teapot with a strainer but if I’m making more, I like to use a cold brew pitcher which comes with an infuser.
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: Use loose tea or tea sachets to make cold brew iced tea since it’ll taste better than using tea bags.
STEP 2: Cover pitcher and put in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
With black tea and oolong tea, I cold brew for up to 12 hours, but for green tea, it’s a little more delicate and doesn’t require such a long steep time.
STEP 3: Strain out solids and pour tea into a cup with ice.
If you want to sweeten your iced tea, use simple syrup (half water, half sugar). It’ll be the easiest to incorporate into your tea.
You can make quick simple syrup at home by mixing equal parts sugar and hot water until the sugar dissolves.
MORE ICED GREEN TEA TIPS
- Use loose green tea or tea sachets for the best quality cold brew.
- Make different kinds of simple syrup at home by dissolving honey, brown sugar, or date syrup in hot water instead of regular sugar.
- Bruise or muddle the fresh mint before adding it to the pitcher if you want more of a mint taste.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
The biggest health benefit of green tea is that it has a lot of antioxidants, which are good for you. Antioxidants can help prevent or defend your cells from damage.
Loose tea is the best quality, then tea sachets, followed by tea bags, which contain the lowest quality tea.
Replace the tablespoon of loose green tea with 3 tea bags or 2 tea sachets.
Yes, green tea contains caffeine.
You can cold brew green tea for 6-8 hours. After I strain out the tea leaves, I store the cold brew tea in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Moroccan Mint
- Quick & Easy Iced Tea
- Arnold Palmer (Iced Tea and Lemonade)
- How Make Jasmine Tea Properly
- How to Make Genmaicha Properly
- Iced Green Tea
Iced Green Tea with Fresh Mint
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 tablespoon loose green tea
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- Put green tea and cool or room temperature water in a pitcher or glass container.Use filtered water for a better tasting tea.
- Cover pitcher and put in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Strain out solids and pour tea into a cup with ice.