A super fluffy iced latte layered with matcha and dalgona coffee, a whipped instant coffee. See how easy it is to make with my tips to make it completely delicious.
Iced Matcha Dalgona Coffee
- A sweet, super caffeinated iced latte that’s layered with matcha, milk, and dalgona coffee.
- Dalgona coffee is a whipped drink made with instant coffee, sugar, and hot water.
- Made extra fluffy by using the ratio of 1 part instant coffee, 1 part sugar, and 2 parts hot water.
- Super easy and quick to make with a handheld milk frother.
- Dalgona translates to “That’s sweet” in Korean.
2 tips to Make it super fluffy
- Greek Instant coffee
The key ingredient to making dalgona coffee is instant coffee. There are two different types of instant coffee — spray dried and freeze dried. Spray dried froths much easier and better than freeze dried. The instant coffee used for Greek frappes are spray dried.
- Handheld milk frother
My favorite tool to make whipped cream for drinks in seconds. This milk frother whips up instant coffee with very little cleanup.
Matcha Dalgona Ingredients
My Handheld milk frother pick:
How to Make Iced matcha dalgona
- Make dalonga coffee
- Make sweetened matcha
- Assemble drink
1. MAKE DALGONA COFFEE
As with all drinks, use filtered water if possible since a better tasting beverage is made with the best quality water.
Rinse the handheld milk frother and use it to mix the matcha.
2. MAKE SWEETENED MATCHA
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: The more vibrant green the matcha, the more expensive it’ll be. Look to spend $20-$30 for matcha that’s nice and green without breaking the bank.
3. ASSEMBLE DRINK
Pour sweetened matcha into a cup and add ice.
Slowly pour in milk. Pour directly on top of the ice instead of the matcha to keep the layers separated.
Spoon dalgona coffee on top. The dalgona coffee is light and fluffy so it’ll sit nicely on top of the milk and ice.
To make the dalgona extra fluffy (as seen on the photo on the right), double the amount of dalgona ingredients.
Stir before drinking so all the components get mixed together.
Iced Matcha DalgonA Tips
- The matcha at the bottom layer needs to be sweetened (and needs to be sweeter) than the milk layered above.
- Ice helps to keep the layers apart. Pour the milk on top of the ice instead of directly into the matcha.
- The brighter green the matcha, the better the quality (and price).
- Look to spend around $20-$30 for matcha to use for this recipe.
Questions You May Have
Yes! There’s a lot more caffeine than a regular cup of coffee since there’s 1/2 teaspoon of matcha and 1 tablespoon of instant coffee.
Feel free to replace regular whole milk with any kind of milk you prefer, from oat milk to soy.
Regular dalgona coffee is made with equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and hot water which creates a denser whip. I like to make it super fluffy by adding more hot water.
|TO MAKE||INSTANT COFFEE||SUGAR||HOT WATER|
|Regular Dalgona Coffee||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Fluffy Dalgona Coffee||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Extra Fluffy Dalgona Coffee||2 tablespoons||2 tablespoons||4 tablespoons|
- Easy, Fluffy Dalgona Coffee
- 17 Delicious Matcha Drink Recipes
- Quick & Easy Matcha Frappuccino
- Matcha Bubble Tea
- Quick & Easy Layered Iced Matcha Latte
Matcha Dalgona Coffee
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
MAKE DALGONA COFFEE
- Combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a tall container and whip until soft peaks form.A handheld milk frother makes it super quick and easy to whip in seconds. The instant coffee will triple in volume and the color will change to a very light brown. Peaks will form in the frothed coffee.
MAKE SWEETENED MATCHA
- Combine matcha, sugar, and water and whip together.Rinse the handheld milk frother and use it to mix until you don't see any matcha clumps. This should take no more than 30 seconds.
- Pour sweetened matcha into a cup.
- Add ice.Be careful to add the ice in slowly to prevent the matcha from splashing around.
- Add milk.Slowly pour milk directly on top of the ice instead of the matcha to keep the layers separated.
- Spoon dalgona coffee on top.The dalgona coffee is light and fluffy so it'll site nicely on top of the milk and ice. Stir before drinking.
The nutrition information is an estimate calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
Free matcha cheat sheet
Join my free email list to download it instantly!