Cool down with a delicious Thai tea frappuccino you can easily make at home. It’s sweet, creamy, and a frozen version of the Thai iced tea served at restaurants.
Thai Tea Frappuccino
- Thai tea frappuccino is a frozen Thai tea drink made with ice, Thai tea mix, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Thai tea is a tea blend made up of black tea, spices, and food coloring.
- Once Thai tea brewed, it’s a dark red but once you add evaporated milk, it turns into a bright orange color.
- Easy to make at home — just steep tea then blend!
- Icy, creamy, sweet–it hits the spot.
- If you love Thai iced tea, you’ll absolutely love this.
3 Tips to Make the Best Thai Tea Frappuccino
- Thai Tea Mix
I’ve tried making Thai iced tea without the tea mix and it just doesn’t taste the same.
- Adding black tea
To boost the tea flavor, I add black tea to the recipe. You can use any black tea you have.
- Use a handheld milk frother
To make the decadent cream topping in seconds, I use a handheld milk frother.
Thai Tea Frappuccino ingredients
- Thai tea mix
A blend of tea, flavors, and food coloring that gives the drink its authentic taste and color.
- Black tea
To boost the tea flavor.
- Filtered water
- Dark brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Evaporated milk
- Heavy cream
For the whipped cream topping.
- Ice cubes
My Thai Tea Mix Pick:
How to Make Thai Tea Frappuccinos
1. MAKE TEA
Heat water on the stovetop or in an electric kettle with a temperature setting. If using an electric kettle with a temperature setting, set it to 190°F.
Use filtered water whenever possible when making tea since it’ll make it taste better.
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: To sweeten tea drinks, I find adding brown sugar or honey gives it more depth of flavor than regular sugar.
2. MAKE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
Using a handheld milk frother, whisk heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk together to make whipped cream.
4. ASSEMBLE DRINK
Pour frozen Thai tea into two cups. This drink makes two 17 oz drinks which is a little bigger than a Starbucks grande (16 oz).
Spoon on the whipped cream.
Serve with a straw and drink immediately.
More Thai Tea Frappuccino Tips
- If you used boiling hot water to make tea, make sure to cool down the tea before adding it to the blender.
- Always use a blender tamper when making frappuccinos. The texture comes out perfectly smooth.
- Use filtered water to make both the tea and ice cubes. A better tasting tea comes from better tasting water.
- You can make the Thai tea and the whipped cream 1-2 days ahead and store them in the refrigerator in airtight containers.
Questions You May Have
Do not substitute the evaporated milk. I tried to make it without it initially and it did not taste the same.
Yes, there is black tea in the Thai tea mix which means there is caffeine in this drink.
You can use other blenders but make sure it’s powerful enough to blend ice evenly.
The Thai tea mix alone doesn’t have a strong tea flavor so I add more black tea.
- Thai Iced Tea
- Easy Frappuccino Recipes
- How to Make the Best Bubble Tea
- Hojicha Caramel Frappuccino
- Matcha Frappuccino
Thai Tea Frappuccino
Frozen Thai Tea
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- Boil water.If using an electric kettle with temperature setting, set it at 190°F. If boiling water on the stovetop, let it come to a simmer and turn off heat.
- Put Thai tea mix, black tea, and hot water in a teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out tea leaves and stir in brown sugar.
MAKE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- Whip together heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk.Combine heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk in a tall container and whip until it doubles in volume using a handheld milk frother. Set aside.
- Blend Thai tea ingredients with ice.Ice, brewed and chilled Thai tea, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk all go into the blender. Blend until smooth. Use a blender tamper tool to get the drink as smooth as possible.
- Pour frozen Thai tea into two cups.
- Top with whipped cream.Serve with a straw and drink immediately.
FREE Iced TEA CHEAT SHEET
Join my email list and get the tea cheat sheets bundle!