Perfectly sweet and refreshing, this frozen tea latte recipe is made with hojicha tea, a roasted tea from Japan, and dulce de leche.
Hojicha Caramel Frappuccino
- This frozen drink is deliciously sweet, nutty, and ice cold.
- Made with hojicha, a roasted Japanese green tea.
- The caramel flavor comes from the dulce de leche (translates to “milk jam”), which comes canned liked sweetened condensed milk.
- Takes just seconds to make in a blender using my shortcuts.
3 Shortcuts to make it quick and easy
- Ground Hojicha
Using ground hojicha instead of regular hojicha tea saves a lot of time. It’s a HUGE shortcut. Plus, there’s no need to steep tea.
- Dulce de Leche
Caramel in a jar! A huge timesaver.
- Handheld Milk Frother
I use this handy tool to make whipped cream toppings. It’s easy to use and cleanup is super quick.
Hojicha Frappuccino INgredients
- Ground hojicha
Japanese roasted green tea made into a powder.
- Dulce de leche
Makes the drink sweet and adds a caramel flavor.
- Milk (any you prefer)
- Ice cubes
I like these small cubes the best for making frozen drinks since they blend evenly and quickly.
- Heavy cream
To make the whipped cream topping.
To sweeten the whipped cream.
How to Make Hojicha Caramel Frappuccinos
- Make whipped cream topping
- Assemble drink
1. MAKE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
A handheld milk frother is the perfect tool to make whipped cream for drinks in seconds.
Whip heavy cream and sugar until it doubles in volume and forms medium peaks. Set aside.
Ground hojicha, dulce de leche, milk, and ice all go into the blender. Close lid securely and blend until smooth.
FRAPPUCCINO TIP: A blender tamper is key to making frappuccinos super smooth. Make sure you get a tamper that works with your blender.
3. ASSEMBLE DRINK
Pour frozen drink into two cups. Each serving goes into a 17 oz cup. A Starbucks grande is 16 oz.
Spoon on a couple of dollops of whipped cream to the top of each drink then sprinkle on some ground hojicha. (You can use a mesh strainer to sift if you want more of an even coating.)
Serve with a straw and drink immediately.
Hojicha Caramel Frappuccino Tips
- If you can’t find dulce de leche, you can substitute with sweetened condensed milk.
- Use any milk of your choice for this drink. I’ve made it with oat milk and it’s just as good!
- Adding more ground hojicha doesn’t make the drink better — it’ll just make the drink taste powdery.
- Use a blender tamper tool to make sure the ice gets crushed evenly and smoothly.
Questions You May Have
Ground hojicha is a roasted green tea that has been made into a powder. Hojicha is a tea that only comes from Japan.
Yes. Hojicha is made from real tea leaves that contain caffeine.
Yes, but make sure your blender can handle crushing ice.
- Easy Frappuccino Recipes
- Decadent Hojicha Latte
- Hojiha Hot Chocolate
- Matcha Frappuccino
- Thai Tea Frappuccino
Hojicha Caramel Frappuccino
Frozen Hojicha Caramel
MAKE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- Whip together heavy cream and sugar. Use a handheld milk frother and whisk in a tall container until it forms medium peaks. Set aside.
- Blend ice, milk, ground hojicha, and dulce de leche until smooth.Close blender lid securely, then turn on blender. Use blender tamper tool to get the perfect frappuccino texture. Stop when the ice is slushy and finely crushed.
- Pour frozen hojicha caramel into two cups.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with ground hojicha.Spoon on dollops of whipped cream to the top of each drink then sprinkle on some ground hojicha. Use a mesh strainer to to sift on the ground hojicha.Serve with a straw and drink immediately.
Iced Tea Cheat Sheet
Join my email list and get instant access to this iced tea cheat sheet!