Froth milk at home like a barista using an electric automatic milk frother. Not sure which one get? Here are my picks and tips!
Milk Frothers for Making Tea Lattes
The best milk frothers make velvety, smooth froth with small bubbles each and every time.
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: A shortcut to making a matcha latte is by adding a teaspoon of matcha powder into a cup of milk in an automatic milk frother.
What to Look for When Buying a Milk Frother
- Heats milk and froths
Look for automatic milk frothers that heat milk and froth at the same time. It’s the easiest since it’s just one step but they do cost more.
- Creates microfoam
Microfoam is foam that’s made up of tiny bubbles that creates a velvety smooth texture. Big bubbles are what you want to avoid.
- Easy to clean
The best milk frothers are simple to clean, without a lot of small, loose parts. Milk jugs that detach from the base are the easiest to clean.
My Pick for Best Automatic Milk Frother:
Other Recommended Automatic Milk Frothers:
Milk Frother Tips
- Milk with high fat content, like whole milk, will produce the best, creamiest froth. Almond milk and soy milk will have varying degrees of froth depending on the frothing method.
- The colder the milk, the better it’ll froth.
- Make hot chocolate in a milk frother! Heat and froth milk and finely-grated chocolate and sugar.
- If there is a setting for cold froth, use it in the summer for iced lattes.
- How to Make Tea Lattes + 17 Tea Latte Recipes
- 5 Easy Ways to Froth Milk at Home
- Chocolate Milk Tea Latte
- London Fog Drink (Earl Grey Tea Latte)
Free Tea Brew Cheat Sheet
Join my email list and get the tea cheat sheet bundle!