Perfectly sweet and delicious homemade peach iced tea made with fresh peaches, and a tasty blend of Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas.
Peach Iced Tea from Scratch
Refreshing peach iced tea is a great drink for the summer.
- Made with fresh peaches, which taste so much better than peach flavored tea bags.
- Pure peach flavor is extracted by making a peach syrup.
- A flavorful iced tea made by combining Earl Grey and English breakfast tea. (A great tip — thanks, Emily!)
- Made using the hot brew method to making iced tea which is quicker than making cold brew tea.
My Iced Tea container Pick:
Questions You May Have
Is there caffeine in this drink?
Yes, there’s caffeine in black tea in the Earl Grey and English breakfast tea.
What’s the difference between loose tea, tea sachets, and tea bags?
Loose tea is the best quality, then tea sachets, followed by tea bags, which contain the lowest quality tea. I’m using tea sachets in this recipe since it’s easier to use (less mess) than loose tea.
Peach Iced Tea Tips
- Try experimenting with different types of tea! An oolong tea or a green tea would go really well with peach.
- Make sure your pitcher can handle high heat if you’re steeping tea directly in it.
- Instead of pureeing the peaches, you can dice them into small pieces and mash them in the saucepan.
iced tea cheat sheet
Sign up for my free email list and get this handy iced tea cheat sheet!
What You’ll Need
- Earl Grey tea sachet
- English breakfast tea sachets
- Filtered water
- Fresh peaches
- Ice cubes
- Glass teapot
- Mini blender
- Electric kettle
A must for all tea drinkers.
- Saucepan with spout
- Mesh strainer
- Weck jars
How to Make it
There are 2 parts:
- Earl Grey and English breakfast iced tea
- Peach syrup
Start with making tea first.
STEP 1: Boil water.
To make tea, boil 2 cups water.
Use filtered water instead of tap water for a better tasting tea.
The best way to boil water is using an electric kettle with a temperature setting. Set the water temperature to 180°F.
If boiling water on the stovetop, bring water to a simmer then turn off heat.
STEP 2: Put tea sachets into a pitcher and add hot water.
STEP 3: Steep for 5 minutes.
STEP 4: Discard tea sachets and let tea cool.
Make peach syrup next.
STEP 5: Blend diced peaches and 1 cup of water in a mini blender.
I’m using a mini blender and blending up the peaches to create a shortcut so there’s less time cooking on the stovetop.
STEP 6: In a saucepan, heat peach puree and sugar.
Bring it to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
STEP 7: Strain peach syrup. Let cool.
Filter out the solids using a mesh strainer and cool down the peach syrup.
STEP 8: Combine cooled down peach syrup and tea.
STEP 9: Pour peach iced tea into cups filled with ice.
Optional: Garnish with thinly sliced peach wedges.
Peach Iced Tea
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups peaches diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Put tea sachets into a pitcher and add hot water.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea sachets and let tea cool.Set aside.
- Blend peaches and 1.5 cup of water in a mini blender.Dice the peaches so it blends quickly and evenly.
- In a saucepan, heat peach puree and sugar.Bring it to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Strain peach syrup. Let cool.Filter out solids using a mesh strainer.
- Combine cooled down peach syrup and tea.
- Pour peach iced tea into cups filled with ice.Optional: Add thinly sliced peach wedges.