Perfectly sweet and delicious homemade peach iced tea recipe made with fresh peaches, and a tasty blend of Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas.
About This Recipe
Refreshing peach iced tea is a great drink for the summer.
- Made with fresh peaches, which taste so much better than peach flavored tea bags.
- Pure peach flavor is extracted by making a peach syrup.
- A flavorful iced tea made by combining Earl Grey and English breakfast tea. (A great tip — thanks, Emily!)
- Made using the hot brew method to making iced tea which is quicker than making cold brew tea.
- Earl Grey tea sachet
Tea sachets are easier to use than loose tea and contain better quality tea than tea bags.
- English breakfast tea sachets
You can also use Assam tea sachets which are sometimes sold as English breakfast.
- Filtered water
Better water, better tea — simple.
- Fresh peaches
You can also use frozen peaches if you can’t find fresh.
Use any sweetener you like but I like regular sugar.
- Ice cubes
Any sized ice cube works. Smaller ice cubes will melt and dilute your drink quicker but they’ll also make your drink cooler, faster.
How to Make Peach Iced Tea from Scratch
- Make tea
- Make peach syrup
- Assemble drink
Here’s a quick overview of the steps to make this drink. For full ingredients and instructions, scroll to the bottom.
1. Make tea
Steep tea sachets in hot water. Discard tea sachets and let tea cool.
The best way to boil water for tea is using an electric kettle with a temperature setting. If boiling water on the stovetop, bring water to a simmer then turn off heat.
Use filtered water instead of tap water for a better tasting tea.
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: Any black tea will work great for this peach iced tea if you don’t have both Earl Grey and English breakfast tea.
2. Make peach syrup
Dice peaches and blend with water. This shortens the cooking time on the stove.
Heat peach puree and sugar on the stovetop.
RELATED: How to Make Iced Tea
Filter out the solids using a mesh strainer and cool down the peach syrup.
3. Assemble drink
Combine cooled down peach syrup and tea.
Pour peach iced tea into cups filled with ice.
RELATED: How to Make Lemon Iced Tea
Garnish with thinly sliced peach wedges. Line cups with a couple of peach wedges, fill cup with ice, then pour in iced tea.
The drink already is sweetened but if you want to add more, use simple syrup to make sure it fully mixes in with the iced tea.
Notes & Tips
- Try experimenting with different types of tea! An oolong tea or a green tea would go really well with peach.
- Make sure your pitcher can handle high heat if you’re steeping tea directly in it.
- Instead of pureeing the peaches, you can dice them into small pieces and mash them in the saucepan.
The peach syrup and iced tea can be made in advance but don’t keep the iced tea for more than 4 days.
The syrup can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Once the peach tea is made, store it in a covered container in the refrigerator, without ice. Airtight glass containers are the best.
Questions You May Have
Yup! You can use any black tea you like.
Yes, there’s caffeine in black tea in the Earl Grey and English breakfast tea.
Loose tea is the best quality, then tea sachets, followed by tea bags, which contain the lowest quality tea. I’m using tea sachets in this recipe since it’s easier to use (less mess) than loose tea.
Use 1 tablespoon of loose English breakfast and 1.5 teaspoons of Earl Grey.
Peach Iced Tea
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups peaches diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Put tea sachets into a pitcher and add hot water.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea sachets and let tea cool.Set aside.
MAKE PEACH SYRUP
- Blend diced peaches and 1.5 cup of water in a mini blender.Dice the peaches so it blends quickly and evenly.
- In a saucepan, heat peach puree and sugar.Bring it to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Strain peach syrup. Let cool.Filter out solids using a mesh strainer.
- Combine cooled down peach syrup and tea.
- Pour peach iced tea into cups filled with ice.Optional: Add thinly sliced peach wedges.