A mini version of a Fluffernutter sandwich made with peanut butter, Marshmallow Fluff, and Nutella, is great for tea parties for kids.
Fluffernutter Tea Sandwiches
- A classic Fluffernutter sandwich is equal parts peanut butter and marshmallow creme on white bread.
- This mini version is made bite-sized and with Nutella, a hazelnut spread.
- Invented in Massachusetts, Fluffernutter sandwiches are sweet, gooey, and delicious.
- Perfect for children’s tea parties or as party appetizers for kids.
RELATED: 24 Delicious Tea Sandwiches for Tea Parties
2 Tricks to Make it easy
- Round cookie cutter
I make perfectly uniform tea sandwiches using cookie cutters. They’re my secret to making them look professional.
- Sandwich bags used as piping bags
Instead of trying to spoon on the messy fillings, sandwich bags are made into piping bags.
Tea Sandwich Basics
- Tea sandwiches are small sandwiches meant to be eaten with your hands.
- Sized so they’re eaten in 2-3 bites.
- Crusts are usually cut off to make it dainty and easier to eat.
- They’re the first course of an afternoon tea.
- Creamy peanut butter
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Nutella hazelnut spread
- White sandwich bread or very thin white bread
My Cookie Cutter Pick:
Photo Credit: amazon.com
How to Make Fluffernutter tea sandwiches
1. FILL SANDWICH BAGS WITH FILLINGS
Instead of making a big mess by trying to get the gooey fillings onto the bread with a knife or spoon, use plastic sandwich bags as piping bags.
2. CUT BREAD INTO CIRCLES
Use a round cookie cutter and cut two circles from each slice of bread, avoiding the crust.
3. ASSEMBLE TEA SANDWICHES
From the bottom up: Bread, peanut butter, bread, Marshmallow Fluff, bread, Nutella, bread.
Start with a bread circle and pipe on peanut butter onto the center of the bread.
Top with a piece of bread and gently press down so the peanut butter spreads out without going all the way to the edge.
Next is the marshmallow layer. Pipe Marshmallow Fluff onto the center of the bread.
Add another piece of bread and gently press down.
Pipe about Nutella on top of the bread.
Be aware that Nutella isn’t as thick as the peanut butter or Marshmallow Fluff so it’ll come out quicker from the piping bag.
Top with the final layer of bread.
And you’re done!
Tea Sommelier’s Tip: If you’re looking for tea to pair with these Fluffernutter tea sandwiches, go with an herbal tea like Strawberry Kiwi for kids since it doesn’t have any caffeine. For adults, go for a green or a black tea to cut the sweetness like Earl Grey or Genmaicha.
Fluffernutter Tea Sandwich Tips
- Bread that’s frozen is easier and neater to cut than room temperature bread.
- Don’t overfill each sandwich layer since the fillings can ooze out, making a mess.
- Marshmallow Fluff with start to harden, so it’s best to make these sandwiches within a couple of hours before serving.
Questions You May Have
Replace peanut butter with any other nut butter. Just make sure it spreads easily.
Make the tea sandwich two layers instead of three. So it would be from the bottom up: bread, filling, bread, filling, bread.
Use a small drinking cup or a shot glass to press down on the bread to cut out the circles. A cup with a thin rim will cut through the bread the easiest.
- Easy Ham & Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Tea Sandwiches
- Radish Rose Tea Sandwiches
- Easy Cucumber Sandwiches
- 24 Delicious Tea Sandwiches Perfect for Tea Parties
Fluffernutter Tea Sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
PUT FILLINGS INTO SANDWICH BAGS
- Use a spoon to fill a bottom corner of a sandwich bag with a filling.Snip off a small bit of the corner with scissors to create a piping bag. Each sandwich bag holds one sandwich filling: peanut butter, Nutella, marshmallow Fluff.
- Twist close the open end of the sandwich bag.This is to make sure the filling doesn't ooze its way out of the bag as you're squeezing.
CUT BREAD INTO CIRCLES
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut 2 circles from each slice of bread.You should have 16 bread circles in total.
ASSEMBLE TEA SANDWICHES
- From the bottom up: Bread, peanut butter, bread, Marshmallow Fluff, bread, Nutella, bread. Start with the bread as the base layer and pipe on about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Top with bread and press down slightly, not letting the peanut butter go past the edge of the bread. Pipe on 1/2 teaspoon of Marshmallow Fluff and top with another layer of bread. Gently press down the bread. Pipe on 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella and top with the last piece of bread.